Hopefully a Basic Date problem

LoneAngel666

Hey all,

Right, I've got a project to tackle, and I've come across a part of Access that stumps me - working with dates.
Although the problems are quite extensive, I'd like to deal with them one at a time - however, if someone is willing to keep in contact with me in order to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. Anyhoo - problem one:

I have a table that lists all contracts currently held for renting properties. The table needs to have an "Agreement Starts" date and an "Agreement Ends" date, in order to show how long the contract on one property will last. How do I use validation to ensure that the end date is always AFTER the start date - I need to prevent the user from entering an invalid end date.

Anyone?
Yes - this will go on for some time, I feel!

Rob

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You can't do this using data entry in a table, which is one of the many reasons why you should always use forms for data entry. Forms even have a Datasheet view ( in Access XP, at least, I don't remember when it started) so you can fool people into thinking that you're working with a table. Anyway, in the design for the form, we could have relevant fields named StartDate and EndDate. The validation rule for the EndDate text box would be >[StartDate]. If the ending date can be the same as the starting date, use >=[StartDate]. That's it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back