Highlight the Dupicates from two work sheets

balasubramani

Hi to all....
Am a new person to Excel macro. my prob in excel find out the duplicates from two excel sheet.
In my sheet1 have Lot of customer names and them Area in a Column A and B.Then my sheet2 have customer name and them Area in column A and B.The Sheet2 data are existing in my database. What i want do in my find and highlights the duplicates in sheet1 from sheet 2. what are customer name and them area same in sheet1 and sheet2 display in column c as a "Duplicate" in Sheet1.only matching customer name alone display column c as "Non dupliactes"
i want do lot of data with in less time period so kindly help to me..:confused::confused::confused:
Thank you
Bala.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi Bala,

Instead of using a macro you could consider to use 'Conditional Format'. Instead of creating an extra column in sheet you can highlight the duplicate names this way.

Select the first cell in the list of names and select from the menu <i>Format, Conditional Formatting ...</i>. Instead of 'Cell value is' you have to select 'Formula is', now you enter a vlookup function to lookup the name in the current cell in sheet2.

To highlight the cell A2 when a duplicate is found on sheet2 you should enter =VLOOKUP(A2,Range on sheet2,1,0).

Success,
Erik

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back