Hide rows in Excel 2010 based on conditional formatting iconsets

aec

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I do not know VBA code. I am fairly ok with using excel. I have a large spreadsheet and I have various sets of records in the spreadsheet coming in from different sources. They are all RAG rated. I now want to hide all the records that are RAG rated as Green and I want excel to show me only those rows that are RAG rated as Amber or Red. Is that possible?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
One non-VBA method would be to put in an empty column the conditional formatting formula for green. That formula will return True\False. Then select that column and Autofilter it for False. Autofilter will hide all the True (green) rows.

Autofilter video

Upvote 0
Thank you for this. Appreciate it. However, how do I conditional format the empty column. The data in the column that has been rag rated is from different sources so every record has a different criteria. I am not sure how auto filter can handle this. I want to almost do this -

Hide all those records that are green and show only those records that are red and amber. This has to be based on the conditional formatting that has already been done on that cell. Sorry for the confusion but are you getting me please?

Upvote 0
Thank you for this. Appreciate it. However, how do I conditional format the empty column. The data in the column that has been rag rated is from different sources so every record has a different criteria. I am not sure how auto filter can handle this. I want to almost do this -

Hide all those records that are green and show only those records that are red and amber. This has to be based on the conditional formatting that has already been done on that cell. Sorry for the confusion but are you getting me please?

Actually, the Autofilter feature in Excel 2010 allows you to filter by Conditional Formatting color. No need to put the formula in an empty column.

Using Conditional Formatting with Sorts and Filters in Excel 2010

Upvote 0
Actually, the Autofilter feature in Excel 2010 allows you to filter by Conditional Formatting color. No need to put the formula in an empty column.

Using Conditional Formatting with Sorts and Filters in Excel 2010

"Thank you very much for your response. This is really helpful. It has resolved my query. However, the filter allows me to select only one icon set out of the three. I want to be able to select at least 2 icons when I filter the data. Is that possible?. Thanking you in advance."

Upvote 0
"Thank you very much for your response. This is really helpful. It has resolved my query. However, the filter allows me to select only one icon set out of the three. I want to be able to select at least 2 icons when I filter the data. Is that possible?. Thanking you in advance."

Using this method, it appears Autofilter only allows you to select one Conditional Formatting background color at a time. One idea around this might be to change the Conditional Formatting font colors for the Red and Amber conditions to say Dark Blue (anything other than Black used for green). Then you can Autofilter on the Dark Blue font color (Red and Amber backgrounds).

If that doesn't work then; What column has the RAG colors? What are your Conditional Formatting formulas for all three RAG colors?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back