Hide Blak Rows

Joanna_gr

Board Regular
Hi again! That should be simple and but I can't find out what is wrong. I'm trying to create a labels report. Only some fields are blank and and I want to hide the blank rows from the report when printing. I used a trick : I set the field hight at 0 and "can grow" to yes and worked fine. For some reason I had to change the source to another query and after that it stoped working and I see again blank rows. Can anyone propose me something ?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Have you tried excluding the blank rows in your query?
Andrew :)

Upvote 0
i'm not quite sure what you mean. I tried "not is null" to fields that supposed to have blanks but this excludes all record, instead of hide row "title" for example.

Upvote 0
Can you post an example of the data you are working with (where you want to show or not show a record)? Can you also post the SQL for the query? You can get to the SQL under View -> SQL view.
Andrew

Upvote 0
This is the sql code: SELECT [maintable query].[Xmas Card], [maintable query].COMID, [maintable query].PRFXA_GR, [maintable query].PRFXF_GR, [maintable query].COMP_GR, [maintable query].L_NAME_GR, [maintable query].F_NAME_GR, [maintable query].TITLE_GR, [maintable query].ADDR_GR, [maintable query].FLR_GR, [maintable query].CITY_GR, [maintable query].COUNTRY, [maintable query].POSTCOD
FROM [maintable query]
ORDER BY [maintable query].COMP_GR;

I'll try to explain what I want to do. I'm trying to creat postal labels. In some cases field title is emply. If this happens I want the next field to shown exactly after the previous and not show a blank row in the place of "title"

Upvote 0
By 'title' do you mean '[maintable query].TITLE_GR'? If so, try putting 'Is Not Null' into the criteria of just this one field. Does that return what you want?
HTH, Andrew :)
Late edit : use Is Not Null without the little speech marks.

Upvote 0
I believe that this is more complicated than this. I have found a code where I'm asked to choose the fields of a main query add criteria and create the report.

The report source is the query with the following sql code: SELECT qselLabels_English.COMID, qselLabels_English.COMP_EN, qselLabels_English.COUNTRY, qselLabels_English.F_NAME_EN, qselLabels_English.FLR_EN, qselLabels_English.L_NAME_EN, *
FROM qselLabels_English
WHERE (((qselLabels_English.COMP_EN)="ALPHA BANK"));

Does this helps you or makes the things worse?? :cry:

Upvote 0
Now I'm confused. Ok, ignoring the underlying query (or queries) for the moment, have you tried using the filter on the report instead? In your report design, click Edit -> Select Report, View -> Properties -> Data -> Filter : [your field name on the report] Is Not Null, Filter On : Yes. Where I have put [your field name on the report] use your actual field name (title perhaps?) inside the square brackets that you wish to test. Does this give you what you want?
Andrew :)

Upvote 0
Yes that is correct. Did you change the property below that titled "Filter On" to 'Yes'?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back