Hidden Excel Credits

gingerafro

I think the lounge is the best place for this one...?

I am sure you all remember the hidden excel credits screen where you 'fly' over a planet surface and then encouter the programmer's credits.

I found it in XL97 (which was the best but probably most geeky with references to Nachos etc) and XL2000, but can't seem to do the same thing in XL2003. I've tried using GOTO X2003:L2003 then the SHIFT + CTRL + CHART WIZARD, but it doesn't work. Do these credits exist and how do you find them?

We somehow started talking about it at work and would like to know how to do it.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Felix

After I posted, I had a further dig around and discovered that the proper terminology was Easter Eggs (how topical!)

Anyway, apparently XL2002 and XL2003 don't have any Easter Eggs as they cause bloating of the program and Microsift had complaints. Shame really, because it means that there is still at least one reason to keep XL97 on your PC.

John Walkenbach's site was really informative as well.

A friend of mine told me about the Easter Eggs once. I can't describe my disappointment when I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I have Excel 2002, so now I know why! :banghead:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back