Help!!

jim may

How do I solve this (message I just got)?

The following errors occurred with your submission
You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created

Delete some messages from your Inbox and/or Sent Items folders.

Thanks, I suddenly found the proper place to accomplish my needs . It was hidden before... Jim

But eh .. in my case, I just joined your forum, I cannot reply on an inbound PM, which actually is the very first one.
I have nothing in the sent items or so to clear.
Sent items: "Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 1 messages stored, of a total 1 allowed."

But eh .. in my case, I just joined your forum, I cannot reply on an inbound PM, which actually is the very first one.
I have nothing in the sent items or so to clear.
Sent items: "Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 1 messages stored, of a total 1 allowed."
That's an automated limit for new members

Okay, thanks. So, as a newcomer one cannot reply on an private message.
Allow me to suggest then to change the wording of the error, because it leaves me puzzling as to how and why and what to delete and where to look and ...
Admittedly I recvd an email "Your private messages box on MrExcel Message Board has reached 90% of your allowed quota.."
Likely that was the 1 liner I rcvd on which I had not yet replied...
When will the limit be uplifted?
-

When will the limit be uplifted?
Sorry, but there is a good reason why we do not make that public - relates to people using the forum for non-genuine purposes.
In general there should be little need to use the PM system, especially for new members. Refer also #4 of the Forum Rules so that questions should be asked and answered in the public domain.
However, if you check back occasionally, you should find that you can PM in due course if required.

Last edited:
Ah, right! Okay, I fully understand - it is no problem. FYI - if at all, I hardly use PM. This time though I was asked a question, to which I could not reply.
Anyway, forget it, thanks again for your reply.

Ah, right! Okay, I fully understand - it is no problem. FYI - if at all, I hardly use PM. This time though I was asked a question, to which I could not reply.
Anyway, forget it, thanks again for your reply.

Not being restricted myself I don't know, but if you delete your in and/or out message then you should be able to send, if you have the need (like you wanted to pm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachohoyu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back