help with small project

Homer J

I am seeking help with a small database/spreadsheet problem that I expect will reasonably require some payment. Can I post this type of request on this board?

Well, if you know it will probably require hiring someone to do this for you, why don't you try asking MrExcel? That's what he does :)

Sure!
I am a semi-professional horse racing bettor in Brisbane,Australia (I still have a day job!). I use a Filemaker database to keep track of all form data. There is currently a web site that posts, into the public domain, pre-post market information (expected prices for each horse posted the night before the raceday). I want to make use of this data within my Filemaker database. The information is presented in such a way as to be used for this kind of purpose (fixed width format, maybe? or something similar - I really don't know what I am talking about, but I do know it is designed to be utilised in this kind of way).

The extent of my ability here would be to copy the data to an excel spreadsheet and import it into Filemaker. However Excel does not produce the information in the precisely ordered way that I, with my very limited ability, need to have things in order for it all to work OK. And so I am seeking someone who would be able to help me with this, either by getting the info directly into Filemaker, or via Excel.

I have a limited budget, but I am not expecting to get this done for nothing. I kind of think it wouldn't be that difficult for someone who knew what they were doing. Any offers or suggestions appreciated.

To give you an idea of the data I have attached a zip of one meeting. I have saved it as a word doc after going to the site, and a meeting, hitting Ctrl-A to select and pasting into Word. (It's not a Word doc on the site.)

From the info you see in the attachment, this meeting is eight races. I would already have all the horses and the TAB Number (that's the number on the left hand column) in my Filemaker databse. I would need to match that with the 'Price forecast' figure in the right hand column.

PS the attachment is clean from my machine and scanned with Nod32 up to the hour virus definitions.

You can't attach files to messages here.

And actually, my original reply above was more to get you to contact MrExcel about your problem.

Go to www.mrexcel.com and check out the consulting information. You'll have to contact him yourself, sorry :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back