Help with Powerapp - Using Gallery to Check off Items applicable

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I apologize is this i the wrong forum for this question.

I am trying to create a Change point management Power app for our Maintenance group so that it is better than Excel.

What I am trying to get to work is When i am creating a new "ticket" i have a gallery on right side that displays the items i want to check based on the selection of the Product field in the new ticket. I have the filtering working, problem is i am trying to get the check boxes to stay checked if i were to select different tickets

to give you an I have a Table of Products and their die numbers and then i have a table of Change points. i set up a Many to Many relationship between these 2 tables. eventually i need to create a junction table that the selection of these Dies will aid in populating so we can FURTHER track the actual dates when individual dies have their change work completed.

Gallery on the far right is sourced from Table_Dies
The rest of this app is based from Table_ECIS
there is a Many to Many relationship set up between both tables
I have a Junction table set up with no data in it for this app to populate rows which will be ECI item for EACH DIE with Different date columns to track their completion

I cant get past the check box functionality.

This is what i have so far in the OnCheck for the check box -

Relate(RecordsGallery1.Selected,ThisItem)

Any direction will be appreciated.

1721250582288.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
After some additional internet research I changed what i am doing with gallery control just a little bit.

i added a little sketch of the data mapping, i had 2 other pictures to show but i guess ill have to verbally explain them

What changed from above was i deleted the Gallery that was off to the right because i found a demonstration on a support website that was trying to achieve the same results as what i was doing.

I added a new column in my Table_ECIs called Dies_Selected as a Choice column with multiple selections allowed.
Dropped this choice as a comboboxinto the Form of the App and update property is set to Table_Ecis and then inserted a Blank Vertical Gallery INSIDE Dies_Selected DataCard.
added a Check box control inside the Blank Gallery
Deleted the combobox piece of the Dies_Selected Data card

Blank Gallery Datasource is set to Table_Dies
Items is Filter(Table_Dies, Product = Datacardvalue6.selected.value)
Check box in the gallery text was set to "ThisItem.DieNum"

Where im stuck is, The gallery fills with options if and only if i change the Items field in Gallery to just "Table_dies" but this brings up EVERY records DieNum
what i need to have happen is the items population changes based on Value of the product selected in the field in my picture of my original post.

when i apply the filter. the drop down in the results of the area where you can edit the field code DOES SHOW the CORRECT number of dies for the product being selected BUT the gallery drops down to 1 check box with blank text instead.

Where have i gone wrong?

1721330884719.png

Upvote 0
I have resolved a portion of this issue with changing the Filter from "Product =" to "Product In..."

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back