Help with Find & Search

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office 365 (updated) on Windows 10 Home (updated). I have been using the Find & Search function for many years without a single problem. I have a worksheet that contains over 3000 Rows and 17 Columns. I was using the Find & Search option to find items using the Row numbers as the Find option. Row # 2124 refuses to be found giving me an error statement "We couldn't find what you were searching for. Click Options for more ways to search." Rows 2123 and 2125 work fine. I tried some different Options, but still no luck. Any suggestions on what is happening? Thank you for any help.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Good day Scott Hulsh and thank you for responding. After opening the workbook, I am shown in the extreme left column, Rows 1 through 3009. After creating a list of randomly selected numbers from 1 to 3009, I select the "Find & Select" 0ption in the "Home" tab. I then select the "Find" function which then displays the "Find and Replace" function. I enter 2124 in the "Find What" block and select "Find Next". This should then display Row 2124 in the Row column. For some reason searching for 2123 and 2125 work, but 2124 displays the error message.

Upvote 0
Can you share the data of those rows? With XL2BB or upload a file to a cloud storage and share the link?

Upvote 0
Good day Scott Hulsh and felixstraube. I appreciate your desire to help. I have found the problem, but I have no idea what caused it. In the worksheet therre are 3009 Rows and 17 Columns. Each Row contains a song title and other data about the song. Column 16 contains a formula

=IF(H2124="x","x",IF(N2124>0,N2124,IF(M2124>0,M2124,IF(L2124>0,L2124,""))))

That formula looks at three other Columns that contain the show number of that song across three years. Row 2124 did not contain the formula shown until I noticed that Column 16 of Row 2124 was blank. As soon as I extrapolated the formula into Row 2124, the Find & Search function worked.
I have no idea why this occurred. If either of you has an answer, I would appreciate hearing it. Thank you again and considerate this one closed.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back