Help with error message!!

TKT_BEER

I have a dbase that is stored on a network drive... I will have 15 users log into it on a daily basis... Lately users have been getting the following message:

The database 'G:\Material Reqs.mbd' needs to be repaired or isn't a database file.

You or another user may have unexpectedly quit Microsoft Access while a Microsoft Access database was open.

Do you want to Microsoft Access to attempt to repair the database

Once this happens I have to log off all the users and compact & repair the database... after that everything is OK but this keeps happening for 4 or 5 times in the day... what can I do to remedy it? :oops:

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Corruption usualy comes from the front end. Split the Forms and things into a front end database and the tables into a seperate backend. There is a wizard to do this for you, Tools>Add Ins>Database Splitter

You can then give each user there own front end which is a pain when you have to update 15 copies but at least a crash will only take out 1 user. Also by splitting you will help protect your data from loss as if the front dies you still have your data safely tucked away in the data tables.

It could be a network problem that is crashing Access, again splitting front ends to users may help pin down just where it is comming from.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
Thx Bat... I will do what you are suggesting... it all started to happen when we migrated to a windows network (big mistake!!!!!) ... when we were running on a novell network, my dbases were infinite times more stable back then, so I agree with you, it could be the network too.
thx much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back