Help with daily data entry form & calculations

champey

Hello,

I'm hoping I can find a solution. I work in an office where we take daily statstiques which are currently recorded on paper and then coallated at the end of each month. I'm trying to find a solution whereby
1. the same 'form' could be filled in online in excel (this I can do but cant work out how to protect the form elements from being changed (there are drop down menus etc and I wouldn't want the formatting to be altered - just the data entered).
2. and the daily totals calculated automatically (this I can do!)
3. then for the daily info to be stored and added to the totals for the month.

I looked at possibilities of excel wizard access combinations but can't work out how it works?

I can send you a copy of the form I created if this helps.

thanks

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Item 1:
To protect elements of the worksheet/workbook go to Tools on the menu bar then select Protection then Protect Sheet. Before you protect the worksheet you'll want to right-click the object(s) that you want protected or unprotected and format their properties. For instance, in the case of worksheet cells, right-click a cell you want users to be able to modifiy, select Format Cells, on the Protection tab ensure the Locked checkbox is unchecked. Other worksheet objects such as command buttons, combo boxes etc. also have similiar protection tabs by right-clicking them then selecting Format Control.

Items 2 and 3 of your inquiry can't really be answered because we don't know the layout of your spreadsheet. however, Excel's SUM function or SUMIF function should do the trick.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back