Help with a data entry form and 2 different tables.

RobertSmith101

Hi I have a problem which I really need resolved however I don't know if this is technologically feasable and its very hard to explain so I'll try my best

I have two tables one called CustomerDatabase and CargoDatabase, the customerID attribute in CustomerDatabase is the primary key and its also specified to have no duplicates, it is linked to the cargo database in a one to many relationship

I have created a data entry form with all the sources of the attributes of the CustomerDatabase and CargoDatabase however I am aware of the no duplicates policy so this is what I want done.

For Example say there is in the CustomerDatabase and I have already stored a record these fields CustomerID: 123456 Name: Robert Smith Address: 11 Newpark Avenue

I would like this data entry form to exist in my program however this is what I want done, I would like when the customer ID is entered say 123456 I want Robert Smith to appear in the Name field of the data entry form and the address however I want to ensure that only the data entered onto the CargoDatabase is entered such as CargoID, CustomerID and all the others I don't want any of the attributes of the CustomerDatabase to be entered, I'm sorry that may seem like a mouthful, but I really need this help and I would greatly appreciate some to see if its able to be done

I know what your saying why does he want data input on a data entry form when its already there and it isn't going to be input into the system, I just want it to show so who the customer is so when I type the number it comes up, thank you.[/list]

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Wow, that is a mouthful, you're coming on like a freight train. Alright, per my understanding of your problem, you're trying to create a data entry form where:
-You can find a Customer's record based on the Customer_ID
-You want all of the customer's information displayed but uneditable
-You want to be able to edit the Cargo information.

If this is accurate:
-Create your data entry form to look the way you like
-Delete the Customer_ID text box and Drag/Drop a Combo box in its place. When the Wizard pops up, select the third option, "Find a Record on this form..." and bind it to the Customer_ID.
-In the properties of each text box that you don't want edited, select True for "Locked?" and False for "Enabled?"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back