HELP! VBA

rburn382

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am currently working on a task involving four different files:
  1. The main report, which contains multiple tabs, but I only need to focus on the main tab and one other tab.
  2. A file with data from Location A, where each tab represents the daily transactions (same template as Location B).
  3. A file with data from Location B, where each tab represents the daily transactions (same template as Location A).
  4. The template file. Data from Location A will go to the Location A tab, same goes with Location B and then the main tab has formula to consolidate the data from main report main tab, Location A & B data.
My task is to enter the data from files 1-3 into the template (file 4), which will serve as the daily files. For example, if there are 30 days in a month, I will end up with 30 different files. Currently, I am manually entering data into the template, which is a time-consuming process.

I don't have much experience with macros, but I believe that automating this process using a macro could make it more efficient. While I can only copy and modify basic code, I have a clear idea of the desired output.
If anyone could help me with this macro, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Let me propose a simplification: Why not enter all data in one single sheet in one file? All it takes is adding a location column and perhaps a date column to either of your Location tabs. You can then get rid of all other location tabs and all date-files.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back