Help - #unknown! error after adding pictures.

HelloWorld2024

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I am a new member and a relatively new Excel user so I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, I thank everybody who will take the time to read and respond and I welcome any advice or solution for this problem.

Ok, so I have added pictures to my workbook using the insert, place in cell picture from my hard drive. I use the pictures to be displayed as cell values from a data validation list using Index-match and it works as planned until I close and reopen the workbook.
When I close and reopen the workbook, the cells with pictures are replaced with #UNKNOWN! error values, I tried to insert the pictures with insert over cells but it didn't work for my project, I also followed a very good video from Mr.Excel,
, but the same problem occurred.
I have looked at many threads on different blogs (#unknown! displayed in excel where an inserted picture should be located) and it seems that it is a recurrent issue with nobody having a solution for this problem as of yet.

I would be very grateful for any suggestion.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I don't have any solution for you unfortunately, but to add a little more detail to this thread.
The part where you:
use the pictures to be displayed as cell values from a data validation list using Index-match
probably makes no difference. I had a situation recently where I put a series of pictures 'in-cell' directly without any sort of formula involved. Some users saw the #UNKNOWN! error, while for others it worked perfectly, even though all users were using Excel 365.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back