HELP, PLEASE?!

timothtcraig1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm using Microsoft 365, I have an Excel workbook, and a sheet within the workbook with every internet lead we have gotten this year (big). I select the "Find & Search" box and input text, then click "Find All", and it pops back 423 rows. I click one row, then I hit "Ctrl A" and it highlights all the rows. HERE'S WHERE THE PROBLEM BEGINS...

I need to copy and/or cut all the highlighted rows in the find results, then open a new sheet and paste them into it, and I cannot figure out how to do it?? I have read countless similar questions here, and all their answers, and tried every one of them, with zero success? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong?? I have to get this NEW sheet to my boss yesterday?? PLEASE HELP?! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I suggest you to use the function FILTER to create on the new sheet a table that contains the filtered rows: one formula will do all (without using Find & Search)

Upvote 0
I suggest you to use the function FILTER to create on the new sheet a table that contains the filtered rows: one formula will do all (without using Find & Search)
I understand how to use FILTER, I just see how this will help me select, cut, and paste the rows with my specific text within them?

Upvote 0
I understand how to use FILTER, I just see how this will help me select, cut, and paste the rows with my specific text within them?
Hummm... Which is the question?

Upvote 0
Hummm... Which is the question?
Sorry, meant to say "I don't see how this will help me select, cut, and paste the rows with my specific text within them? Filter sorts each column alphabetically, this does not help me? I have found all the rows I'm looking for with "FIND ALL", I just don't know how to cut and/or copy them after I select CTRL+A within the results box?

Upvote 0
Filter sorts each column alphabetically, this does not help me?
No, FILTER "filters" your starting data and create a new set of data that includes only the rows where the filtering criteria is met.
So, for example
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(Sheet1!A1:D1000,NOT(ISERR(FIND("Ordin",Sheet1!B1:B1000))))
this formula will create a subset of the starting data (Sheet1!A1:D1000) that in column B "contains" the string "Order" (case sensitive)
If you show the layout of your starting data I'll try to adapt the formula to it

Upvote 0
No, FILTER "filters" your starting data and create a new set of data that includes only the rows where the filtering criteria is met.
So, for example
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(Sheet1!A1:D1000,NOT(ISERR(FIND("Ordin",Sheet1!B1:B1000))))
this formula will create a subset of the starting data (Sheet1!A1:D1000) that in column B "contains" the string "Order" (case sensitive)
If you show the layout of your starting data I'll try to adapt the formula to it
Thank you, Anthony. This is outside my experience (I don't know how to do formulas, much less where to even type them in? I think this is what you're asking...WORKBOOK: "Boat club leads", SHEET: "website '24", there's over 505 rows, and columns A-K, and I need to select any row that has the words, "Lake Murray" within it, then copy & paste into another fresh sheet?

Upvote 0
And Lake Murray can be in any of the columns? And Lake Murray il the value of the cell or it's a longer string that "contains" the substring?

Upvote 0
And Lake Murray can be in any of the columns? And Lake Murray il the value of the cell or it's a longer string that "contains" the substring?
Yes, "Lake Murray" can be in any column, and is the entire value of the cell.

Upvote 0
Yes, "Lake Murray" can be in any column
This makes quite boring creating a conventional formula (without using a helper column); so I reverted my mind to a macro.
For example:
VBA Code:
Sub FilteredList()
Dim dArr, I As Long, J As Long, oSh As Worksheet
Dim fBy As String, LastR As Long, NextR As Long

Sheets("Sheet1").Select             '<<< The sheet with the unfiltered datas
fBy = "Lake Murray"                 '<<< The string to search for
Set oSh = Sheets("Sheet2")          '<<< The sheet where create the filtered list
'
LastR = Range("A:K").Find(What:="*", After:=Range("A1"), _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
oSh.Range("A:K").ClearContents              'Clear the destination sheet
dArr = Range("A1:K1").Resize(LastR).Value   'Copy the source data
For I = 1 To UBound(dArr)                   'Search in any row..
    For J = 1 To UBound(dArr, 2)            '...and any column..
        If dArr(I, J) = fBy Or I = 1 Then   '... the Filter string
            NextR = NextR + 1
            oSh.Cells(NextR, 1).Resize(1, UBound(dArr, 2)).Value = _
               Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(dArr, I, 0)
            Exit For
        End If
    Next J
Next I
End Sub
The lines marked <<< need to be adapted to your situation, according the comments

Insert the macro into a "standard vba module" of your file, and update the parametres as I sayd above; then run Sub FilteredList. It will clear the output range, then scan the source data and copy only those that match the filter condition

Try...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back