help me please

Nance

okay, here's my dilemma
i've made a workbook with 2 sheets... the first sheet has a table that collects a number of values and the computes several values... one of the cells where data is inputted has a link to the 2nd sheet, where a list of 30-some possible values for that particular cell are located... i want to be able to have this data inputted into the appropriate cell on the 1st sheet by selecting an option button on the cell. is this possible, and if it is, how do i do it?
thanks, Nance

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Sorry but totally confusing. Explaining with one example will help you to get quick reply.

GNaga

Upvote 0
okay, here i go again...
i have a workbook (2 sheets)...
the first sheet has cells that prompt the user to input data, and then cells that take that data and calculate a series of numbers. one of the cells (for data input) prompts the user to go to the second sheet and select the particular value that they need to use.
I want to be able to design the workbook such that when a value from the 2nd sheet is selected, it is automatically inputted into the appropriate cell on the first sheet... is this possible, and if so, HOW?!?!?
thanks

Upvote 0
This might sound silly, but why don't you just change the prompt to say "Type an = and then select the required value on Sheet2", so that the user is actually creating a simple link formula.

Glenn.

Upvote 0
Nance said:
okay, here i go again...
i have a workbook (2 sheets)...
the first sheet has cells that prompt the user to input data, and then cells that take that data and calculate a series of numbers. one of the cells (for data input) prompts the user to go to the second sheet and select the particular value that they need to use.
I want to be able to design the workbook such that when a value from the 2nd sheet is selected, it is automatically inputted into the appropriate cell on the first sheet... is this possible, and if so, HOW?!?!?
thanks

How it is prmpting to select a value from Sheet2 & What is the appropriate cell in Sheet1? Are you using VBA or worksheet function to link the sheet?

GNaga

Upvote 0
If you are able and willing to copy the list of valid values from Sheet2 to Sheet1, you could use Data | Validation... to create a drop-down list that the user could select from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfairbro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back