Help! Can my database be used in any way WITHOUT ACCESS?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello chaps.

The brown stuff and the fan have come together in a faecal explosion, and there's trouble brewing. Any help on this ASAP would be hugely appreciated.

I've got a database set up, with menu forms, buttons, macros, etc for business users to have. It now transpires loads of them don't have Access on their PCs and it's going to be tricky not to mention expensive to give them Access access.

Is there ANY WAY WHATSOEVER I can get my database running through something else, Internet Explorer, whatever in its current format fairly easily? I only have 1 day to get it working! :(

Any help or advice whoppingly appreciated!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi CSBBB

I'm afraid the news, for you, is bad. Whilst there are many ways for systems to read your database (Excel, Visual Basic and Internet Explorervia ASP) your forms, reports, macros etc are Access specific.

To port that lot to another application would require a lot of work. Your macros are written using the Access Type Library (DoCmd, OpenForm, Filter etc.) and cannot be read by other apps.

That fan really has been busy!!

anvil19
:eek:

Upvote 0
:eek:

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Grr. Thanks for the advice, Anvil19...

The "Save As HTML" looked so promising too - until I tried it.

Looks like I'm going to have to get my poo-handling gloves on and start shovelling. :(

If anyone has any ideas that might help, let me know though!

Cheers again,
CSBBB.

digging_manure.jpg

Upvote 0
Do not despair Grasshoppah!

With Microsoft Office Developer comes the unlimited license Microsoft Access runtime.

What is this you might ask?

The Developer Edition comes with a tool that creates a license limited MS Access Installation package. In reality, I believe it's a full installation of it, but when you load it up you'll see the difference. No menus at all that you didn't build. It will be mandatory that you have at least one form that loads on startup to lead the users to everything else.

The 'license' is unlimited. You can distribute it to as many users as you wish. It also creates (as mentioned above) an installation package.

The bad news is - you're going to have to get a copy of it. It's not hideously expensive (it's also basically a Premium Edition of MS Office) and you're going to have problems getting anything not current (such as Office2K Developer). Bought mine off Ebay (o2kdeveloper) You'll want to follow the instructions closely (very easy - shouldn't take you more than a few hours to install/read/create).

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back