Has the link behaviour changed?

Micron

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Just back after a long vacation and I noticed a change in link behaviour. Sometimes, I'll post a link to a site that has already solved the issue, or provides fundamental information (such as MS or Office Developer sites), but now the posted text gets converted to something else. Maybe it becomes the title of the target page? Even if I select some of my own text and use the forum toolbar Link tool to supply the underlying url, my selected text gets converted to that foreign string.

Another weird thing is that when I clicked on a link in another forum, it took me to the expected page, but when I copied this same url from that forum and put it in my post, it not only repeated the above behaviour, it directed me to a MS page for a driver download. To summarize this one again, the posted text gets replaced by some foreign string (target page title?) plus it seems to have introduced a redirect.

I guess all that makes my take on the colour of the revised post text somewhat trivial, but really, bold orange?
The post I notice this behaviour in: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/microsoft-access/926301-code-update-32bit-machine-oledb.html

I'm using FF 44.0.2, Windows 7.
BTW, in the post preview and the post edit windows, the link is visible. It's only in the final post I see the page title, or whatever it is.

Last edited:
Bold Orange hyperlinks have been provided to assist with moderation, spammers were hiding there advertising within seemingly innocent posts and costing time identifying them and dealing with them. I could see it maybe an issue if you have custom colour schemes, to me in standard scheme it looks about right.

Not see any redirects to MS, though actually knowing the page header has to be way better than any jumble of seemingly meaning less space %20 etc

MTCW

link behavior has not been changed, only the color.

OK, but I don't recall the hyperlink text being replaced by the target page title (or whatever it is). I'll bet it's grandfathered anyway and I'd see the same in any old post.
Strange how that one link went to the correct page from another forum, but not when used here.

it's been doing that for quite a while, if it's able to get a title. I don't know how it does it, though.

OK, but I don't recall the hyperlink text being replaced by the target page title (or whatever it is)
it's been doing that for quite a while, if it's able to get a title. I don't know how it does it, though.
Yes, it has been doing this for years. Sometimes it seems to get the title, other times not. So like Tracy said, that part hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Just want to state again as I did in a previous post that I like the orange font as I have had posters who haven't spotted that there was a link in a post.
You can't not spot there is a difference in text now :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirofa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back