Greetings from Seattle!

NateO

Legend
Hi everyone, we just wrapped the Microsoft (Excel) Summit, a lot of critical things happened. Here's the two biggest things on the radar right now:
  1. I'm a lot taller than everyone expected (heavily commentated upon)
  2. A particular MVP noted that I'm not quite as big of a jerk as he expected and his expectations were pretty high (perhaps I have some work to do on both sides)
Maybe we'll cooridinate and get some pictures here in the near future. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hey Nate - -

Seattle is one of my favorite destinations, great city, I've been up there a dozen or so times and even lived there for a little while. Seven words: Pike Place Market and Alaskan Pale Ale. Great nightclubs too with the local bands, lots of talent in that town.

Speaking of tall people in Seattle, there must be a lot of buzz in that town today regarding the basketball Sonics, who sure beat a hasty retreat out of there for Oklahoma City, confirmed officially today by the NBA. Good for OKC scoring a major franchise, but I'll miss the Sonics out here on the west coast.

Last edited:
Hey Tom, Seattle was great, didn't sample the Alaskan Pale Ale, we spent most of the post-game activities at a micro-brew up, the Rock Bottom (not my choice but worked for me).

There was a lot of buzz about the Sonics but I kind of tuned it out with everything that I was involved with, tight schedule. I noticed it was front-page news but I tend to follow College basketball really closely and the NBA not-so-much.

The weather was kind of harsh while I was there, I froze my butt off and I wasn't too crazy about their airport. But otherwise a great trip and I look forward to going back! :)

Sonics did have buzz, but the Mexico national soccer team was staying in Seattle (at the same hotel Nate and I were at actually) playing Seattle (owned by Drew Carey, whom my wife and I ran into - very cool).

Yes, Nate is a tall one, that's for sure! But very mellow, and just generally a very cool guy to hang out with. Much more fun than I thought he was going to be. :stickouttounge:

The Alaskan Ale was flowing and never better! An excellent time no doubt!!

I wasn't too crazy about their airport. But otherwise a great trip and I look forward to going back! :)
One thing I learned about SeaTac is, fly in there on United or Alaska because that airport accommodates those airlines at the main terminal. Arrival/departure on other airlines usually means shlepping your way through the airport to get to and from their main terminal, a real pain.

That was nice of you to add, Zack! You're too kind.
icon14.gif

I thought the group in general was great, yourself included. :mad:

That was nice of you to add, Zack! You're too kind.
icon14.gif

I thought the group in general was great, yourself included. :mad:

Thanks! (Not sure about the ~mad~ icon though... :eeek: ... :rofl: ).

Whoops, get me back on the board and *poof*, I'm irritable again! ;)

That was supposed to be this guy: :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back