Graph Labels on X Axis Not Aligned Underneath Data

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a bar graph with dollar amount on the Y-axis (vertical) and integers (1, 2, 3) on the X-axis. The integers below the bars are not centered underneath each bar, they are slightly left aligned. When I select the labels in the X-axis and click the Home tab and select align left, center, or right the data still does not align underneath the data bars. I tried to also increase the gap width of the data bars but still the integers below it are not aligned to the center of the bars. The data range which the graph is based on, I have the integers on top center aligned with the dollar amount underneath. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
THE NUMBERS IN CELLS THAT ARE YOUR X AXIS MARKERS - HIGHLIGHT THEM then format cells, custom, and type space space space 0 into the box and click ok

Upvote 0
THE NUMBERS IN CELLS THAT ARE YOUR X AXIS MARKERS - HIGHLIGHT THEM then format cells, custom, and type space space space 0 into the box and click ok

That just shifts the integers (to the right) in the data source but it doesn't shift the integers (towards the right) on the X axis of the graph.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone? I would like to know how to center/align the X axis labels underneath the graph bar or vice-versa have the graph bars centered/aligned above the X axis labels?

Upvote 0
I have just made a test chart with integers 1,2,3,4,5 along X axis - they align perfectly

If you like I will look at your spreadsheet PM me and i will give you my email

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csktwyr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back