Goth Excel - Black Theme - Podcast 1963

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 10, 2016.
Microsoft Marketing was more excited about the black theme than =TEXTJOIN()??? Who would like black Excel? Excel for Goths!
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel podcast, episode 1963 - Goth Excel!
I swear I am NOT making this up!
So in the announcement of the February 2016 Office 365 release, they didn't even mention TEXTJOIN from 2 podcasts ago, which is like, you know, one of the things we've been wanting for 20 years!
Instead, what they promoted was the fact, that they've added a new fourth theme.
Instead of colorful, they've gone with BLACK!
Right, black!
They said, in case you're working in the dark.
You've got to be kidding me, this is completely insane!
Who would like this?
Oh, the people that my son used to go to high school with, the Goth kids, who dress completely in black.
They would love it!
It's Excel for the Goth crowd!
I get it, I love it!
Alright, so hey, if you want to completely do it, let's just change all of the cell colors to completely black, and then change all of the font colors to a real dark gray, if you really want to go completely, completely devoid of color here, that would be the way to go.
Why Microsoft marketing chose to talk about this, instead of TEXTJOIN, I have no clue, but if you are a fan of darkness, YOU, will LOVE, this feature.
Remember, this is only in Office 365 Home and Student.
You need a 16.0.6528.1007 release, it will eventually make its way to the other Office 365 accounts.
If you have, just great, if you own 2016, not the 365 version, uh well, you have to wait, until, you know, the next perpetual release, might be a year or two before you can enjoy the Goth Excel.
Well hey, I want to thank you for stopping by, we'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back