Google Sheets: How to show multiple dates for the same task on the same row in a GANTT/timeline

Exidur

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello --

I'm trying to set up a GANTT chart or timeline that will show tasks that have monthly repetitive events (but not on the exact same date month to month) on the same row. As it is set up now, each task is on its own row because I haven't been able to figure out a way to put in multiple start/end dates on the same row. So the chart is much longer and harder to read and see overlaps. I'm working with two different teams so it's important that I be able to see when the crunch periods will be. Neither department is very organized so I'm the one putting this together and trying to figure out their schedules and responsibilities so this will be growing considerably as I get more information. **Most of the dates in currently are placeholders while I get the exact schedules/timelines locked in.

Is there a way to put in multiple start/end dates for the same task on a single row? Or, is there a way to condense the view on a timeline/chart to make items with the same name appear on the same row. I put an example of how I would like it to look at the bottom of the first page. I'm still figuring out the best ways to organize and show all of this so any other tips are welcome.

Here is a link to the document:

Forum Help - Shared Sheet for Help...

Thanks!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OH650R

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back