good day all

wiredgecko

hello. i'm new to access and would like some assistance please.

i have a table and there are fields i am having problems with.
in particular, i have three fields; a date field labeled "Start Permit" another date field labeled "Permit Issued" and the third is a text field labeled "Pertit Status". here is what i am trying to accomplish:

if "start Permit" and "Permit Issued" are blank, then in "Permit Status" this statement should appear "Not Applied For"

if "Start Permit" is not blank and "Permit Issued" is, then in "Permit Stauts" this statement should appear "Waiting For Permit"

if "Start Permit" and "Permit Issued" are both NOT blank, then in "permit Status" this statement should appear "Permit Issued"

i've tried different IIF AND statements but without success.

Thxs

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Try something like this:

Excel 2012
ABC
1Start PermitPermit IssuedPermit Status
2Not Applied For
35/5/2015Waiting For Permit
45/5/20155-JunPermit Issued
55/5/20155-MayPermit Issued
6Not Applied For
76/5/2015Waiting For Permit
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2=IF(AND(A2="",B2=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A2<>"",B2=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A2<>"",B2<>""),"Permit Issued","")))
C3=IF(AND(A3="",B3=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A3<>"",B3=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A3<>"",B3<>""),"Permit Issued","")))
C4=IF(AND(A4="",B4=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A4<>"",B4=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A4<>"",B4<>""),"Permit Issued","")))
C5=IF(AND(A5="",B5=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A5<>"",B5=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A5<>"",B5<>""),"Permit Issued","")))
C6=IF(AND(A6="",B6=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A6<>"",B6=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A6<>"",B6<>""),"Permit Issued","")))
C7=IF(AND(A7="",B7=""),"Not Applied For",IF(AND(A7<>"",B7=""),"Waiting For Permit",IF(AND(A7<>"",B7<>""),"Permit Issued","")))

Upvote 0
hello. i'm new to access and would like some assistance please.
I think mrmickle may have missed that this is an Access question, not an Excel one!;)

Permit Status should be a calculated field in Access (not a table field). That calculation would look something like:

Code:
Permit_Status: IIF((IsNull([Start Permit])) And (IsNull([Permit Issued])),"Not Applied For",
IIF((Not IsNull([Start Permit])) And (IsNull([Permit Issued])),"Waiting For Permit",
IIF((Not IsNull([Start Permit])) And (Not IsNull([Permit Issued])),"Permit" Issued,"Unknown")))

Upvote 0
GREAT!!! I would have never gotten that on my own.:p

Thanks to all for the help. plus now I also have the formula for Excel as well. two birds with one shot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsalaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back