Give folder specific name

Ethvia

Board Regular
Not exactly an Access question, but hoping for some help.

I have deployed a database at my wife's work and need to do some testing at home. The problem is the database (back end) sits on a server with a specific path name. I want to be able to recreate that path name at home on a local drive so I can do some changes, test them and know they will work.

Is it possible to setup a folder on my local drive so it will have the same path name as what she has at work?

The path at work is "\\kisd-3020s\JH CM Check-In\" Is it possible to make a path at home so I can mimic how it will act at her work?

thanks for any suggestions

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
You would have to create a partition on your hard drive, or if you have a usb drive you can add, you can use that. I tried it once on my c drive and decided it was too much work. Decided remote access would be better if they wanted me to work at home - which they didn't.

Upvote 0
You would have to create a partition on your hard drive, or if you have a usb drive you can add, you can use that. I tried it once on my c drive and decided it was too much work. Decided remote access would be better if they wanted me to work at home - which they didn't.

Thanks Micron

I'm doing this for free, the school is 40 miles away and they don't have remote access 8-(

I have a spare USB drive I can dedicate to doing this...do you have a link that would walk me through giving the USB drive that name I listed instead of a drive letter?

Upvote 0
Thanks Micron

I'm doing this for free, the school is 40 miles away and they don't have remote access 8-(

I have a spare USB drive I can dedicate to doing this...do you have a link that would walk me through giving the USB drive that name I listed instead of a drive letter?

I managed to find another 'solution'. If I name my computer the same name as the school server then it works fine. It might not be the most elegant solution, but it works!

Upvote 0
It's good that you were able to achieve a solution. If you need the other for some reason, just Google something like 'create hard drive partition' - I don't have a link per se.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back