Getting errors after I installed HTML maker.

ArtcGal

I am getting the following errors each time I open up Excel. This began AFTER I installed the HTML maker utility.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Does anybody have a clue how come I am getting these errors and/or what I should do to fix the problem? Also, each time I open up Excel, the worksheet in which I created the HTML always opens up! When I click on "help"...I get totally lost!!

I am running on WindowsXP with Excel 2003.

Please be patient with me, I am new to Excel. Thank you!

Trisha

It's nothing you've done, the HTML Maker has been known to do that. :)

It *should* go away if you Click OK to get rid of the dialog box and go to the Tools->Macros->Security. Click the Trusted Sources tab and check the box next to "trust access to Visual Basic Project," and click OK.

We've got a 'frequently asked questions' for the HTML Maker as well (located here: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=92622 ). If you run into any other problems and it's not mentioned there (or what's posted doesn't work), just post back in this area of the forum and someone will see it :)

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I got rid of the first error...now I just have to get rid of the second one. I will check out the area you had sent me to, hopefully that will help!

Thank you again!

Trisha

I don't think I've seen the second error before.

After you unzipped the file, what folder did you put the .xla file in?

I placed the .xla file into the addins folder within MS Office. The specific folder is Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office11/Addins.

Thank you so much for your help! I also posted a message under the link you gave me...maybe somebody there has seen this prompt/message.

Sincerely,
Trisha

Actually, you can't post to that thread; it's locked ;)

However, maybe putting the addin there is what's causing the problem?

Try moving it to the Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder instead and see if you get the same problem when starting Excel.

Thanks to you, I was able to figure this out! I never even thought to look in the Documents and Settings folder, etc. For some reason, the temp file kept opening up. I went to XLStart and deleted the temp.htm file, and VOILA! YEAH!!

Thank you again for your help!

Trisha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KENNETH ROGERS

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back