Get Total of Specific Background Colored Cells

johnbrownbaby

Hello,

I am attempting to automatically get the sub-totals from each blocks (shown in P11-P13, AB11-AB13, P19-P21 and AB19-AB21) then get the overall total to show up in Column E of the three background color of the cells:

2021-04-19_16-41-33.png

There are 4 blocks of data:
Block 1 runs between F9-O14
Block 2 runs between R9-AA14
Block 3 runs between F17-O22 and
Block 4 runs between R17-AA22

I was given a partial solution to get the total from a block via the code:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub ColorTotal()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim c As Range
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim i As Long, x As Long
    Dim lr As Long, lr2 As Long, lc As Long
    lr = Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    lr2 = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    lc = Cells(9, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
    Set rng = Range(Cells(9, 14), Cells(lr2, lc))
    For i = 6 To lr
        x = 0
        For Each c In rng
            If c.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("D" & i) Then
                x = x + 1
            End If
        Next c
        Range("E" & i) = x
    Next i
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    MsgBox "Complete!"
End Sub

Can you help me get the subtotals and the overall total of the different background colors in the spreadsheet?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Modify your if statement condition to following
VBA Code:
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("D" & i).Interior.ColorIndex Then
Enter data from B9:D9 in the same format and fill the cell with the colour that you want to find the total of.
Previous if statement was comparing the colour of the cell in the range with the ColorIndex mentioned in the the cell D6:D8.
The new if statement is modified to check for the colour of the cell instead of the value of the ColorIndex mentioned in the cell

Upvote 0
Modify your if statement condition to following
VBA Code:
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("D" & i).Interior.ColorIndex Then
Enter data from B9:D9 in the same format and fill the cell with the colour that you want to find the total of.
Previous if statement was comparing the colour of the cell in the range with the ColorIndex mentioned in the the cell D6:D8.
The new if statement is modified to check for the colour of the cell instead of the value of the ColorIndex mentioned in the cell

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input. I changed the code as per your suggestion. The total column is still showing up the wrong numbers. I am getting 60, 18 and 30 for the green, yellow and red respectively.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input. I changed the code as per your suggestion. The total column is still showing up the wrong numbers. I am getting 60, 18 and 30 for the green, yellow and red respectively.
Correction: The numbers that I get for the totals are 94, 34 and 50. The actual total should be 92, 32 and 48.
Also, how to modify the code to get the subtotals from each block?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Get Total of Specific Background Colored Cells Pt. 2
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Get Total of Specific Background Colored Cells Pt. 2
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Hello, How do I edit my post to include the link?

Upvote 0
If you have only asked the question on ExcelForum, then you don't need to as I have supplied the link for you this time. Just remember to supply the links yourself if you cross post in future.
If you have asked this anywhere else, then just put the relevant links in a new post.

Upvote 0
If you have only asked the question on ExcelForum, then you don't need to as I have supplied the link for you this time. Just remember to supply the links yourself if you cross post in future.
If you have asked this anywhere else, then just put the relevant links in a new post.
Thank you! I will be more respectful in the future. Sincerest apologies! I have not posted on any other forum besides ExcelForum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back