Get data from Power Platform - Transform not available?

rachel06

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi!

I'm trying to load data into Excel right from PowerBI using "Get Data > From Power Platform > From Power BI.

I can find my dataset no issue, but when I insert the data, I don't have the option to transform. When I launch PowerQuery Editor, I don't see my data, and when I go to new source > power platform, PowerBI isn't even there.

Question is - is it even possible to, from Excel, get data from PowerBI and run it through PowerQuery? There's just a few things I'd like to clean up!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
So you can't technically get that data directly into Power Query. But you can create a a power query to reference that internal table ( i.e. =Excel.CurrentWorkbook() ). You would have to make sure you refresh your power bi data before you refresh your Power Query table though.

Upvote 0
So you can't technically get that data directly into Power Query. But you can create a a power query to reference that internal table ( i.e. =Excel.CurrentWorkbook() ). You would have to make sure you refresh your power bi data before you refresh your Power Query table though.
Boo. Okay. I appreciate the response!

Another question - asked this before but never actually got to the solution (I was provided a solution but couldn't replicate). When I load the data from PBI into Excel using get data, the headers come in with both the query name and the header. So I'll have like "Query1[PAYEE NAME]" instead of just [PAYEE NAME]. Is there a way to just load it without "Query1" in the column header? That's one thing that'd clean it up a bit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back