General Question/Concern

Grandma8

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a post and didn't receive a response. The likely cause may be the unclear subject/topic that I assigned to the post. As editing the subject isn't possible and I don't know if it is proper to create another post using a different subject, I'm at a loss as to what options are available to get assistance. Where can I find out how to proceed in an attempt to seek an answer to my Excel question?

Which post and what would you like the title changed to?

Hi.

I'm guessing it's this one:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608764

...which has had 28 views so far but no replies. It's not good form to start a new thread for the same topic. Also, people aren't usually put off by a thread title (although some might not look at 'complex vba problem' if they don't know any vba). Rather, lack of replies is usually 'cos the problem's not well enough explained.

Best approach is to have a think about how you've specified the problem, see if ou can add anything that might help and post a reply to your own thread with the extra info. In extremis, you can post a dummy reply to your own thread to bump it up the lists if you think it's just got overlooked.

In your thread above, for example, it wqould help to know why users are copying / pasting - wy would you want to only allow them to copy the exact formula - given that it already exists, why would they need a duplicate somewhere else??

I don't know if it is proper to create another post using a different subject
No, we don't want you creating multiple threads on the same subject (note rule #9 here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99490).

If it has been a full 24 hours and you have not gotten a response, you can "bump" your own post if you like by replying to it. This will bring it back to the front page. Note that this can be a doubloe-edged sword though, as your post will no longer appear in the list of threads with no replies.

If you do not get any replies after a long period of time, it could be a sign that maybe your question was confusing to understand (and could use more clarification or detail) or it is a difficult/complex matter.

Subject: unprotected cells - cut and paste errors
Date: (January 27)

Formulas in protected cells incorrect when users use Ctrl V or Ctrl P.

(More detail: The only cells unprotected in the worksheet are those that require data. If a user makes and error and uses the cut and paste functions, the formulas change. However, users can use the delete function and that doesn't affect the formula)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back