free simple database to download

samipm

Dear Sir/Madam

Does anyone has a simple order, library, invoice or student results database example that I can download

God Bless
Sami

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Cross-posted: Example of a simple access 2010 free download

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #13 here: Forum Rules).

This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

For a more complete explanation on cross-posting, see here: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I glanced over several of the youtube videos and they're very good for learning the basics: building a table, form, report, and query. You're right, none of them seem to offer a sample to download though I originally thought so because of a link that was included. Still, try to build what you see in the videos, I think it's worthwhile.

Here's 1 with files I found through google but haven't tried: Microsoft Access 2010 downloads for database development

I do not have any simple example.

You're right, Northwind is a bit much to learn the basics, but look at the components anyway in design and normal view. It's not hard to scale down.

For instance, in the Invoice query, scroll to the right in design view, and note Extended Price, in which after right clicking and choosing Build you can see a formula similar to Excel's. You don't need most of the other fields to create something like that. You can just write [Field1]+[Field2] as a simple formula, and work your way up from there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samwalrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back