Forum text font

FDibbins

No idea if anyone else has expeirenced this?

When I load a thread, it comes up in 1 font, and will (mostly) stay in that font, unless I mouse-over the post text - then it changes to another font.

While this is in no-way a big problem or inconvenience, it is curious. It does not happen on other sites, and it not a new thing for me, just havnt bothered to raise it until now.

Any thoughts on what may be causing it - and what may fix it?

Ford

I don't experience that & I think we'd be getting lots of questions if it was happening to others so I'm thinking it more likely something to do with your browser or system settings rather than the forum itself.
If it is annoying you, it may be worth deleting cookies, temporary internet files and cache.

Out of curiosity, which browser are you using?

Thanks for the feedback guys, Im using chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m. Its not a problem, more of a curiosity

hmm wait a minute. Im at home now (using chrome) and it doesnt seem to happen here. Maybe it only happens when Im at work (I work at 1 of 3 different PC's) and they all use IE, not sure of the version, will check today

@ Joe, a variation on your signature....

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend!" lol

hmm wait a minute. Im at home now (using chrome) and it doesnt seem to happen here. Maybe it only happens when Im at work (I work at 1 of 3 different PC's) and they all use IE, not sure of the version, will check today
In IE, take a look at using Compatibility mode. That seems to solve a lot of these type of issues that people have.

@ Joe, a variation on your signature....

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend!" lol
Yes, there are lots of good variations. One of my favorites is:
"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!"

Joe, thanks for the tip, that seems to have fixed it (so far). Now, wheres that boat????

Hello.
I know nothingat all about computers. I’m an aging old practical Physicist and still doeverything by trial and error (“Suck it and see!!). Yesterday in http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-here/787925-code-tag-color-change-problem.html and http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/780464-re-text-format-forums-o00o-`-_-`-o00o.html I played around randomly with TextFormats in the forum. I do not know what HTML and the like is. So I was trying empiricallyto get to copy into the forum from WORD without losing format. I wascoincidentally in Google Chrome which I only recently installed. Got nowhere. Sometimelater after a Coffee, I started again, coincidentally this time in BrowserExplorer 9. After a lot of mucking about I hit by chance on a way to do wot I wantedto:-

. Copy any formatted text from MrExcel. Go intoword and paste it in , but not by the default.Instead select HTML-Format. Use this as your start text. Modify it in any wayyou like, (Text color etc). Copy this with Ctrl C. Goback to MrExcel. Paste it in, BUT IMPORTANT, do not paste in with Ctrl V.Instead click right on the mouse and select something like Insert (By me it isEinfügen because I am I German)

. After this success I tried again in Chromeand did not get anywhere (yet).

. An interesting side point. For a couple ofdays I had problems uploading stuff for MrExcel using the Filesnack thing.Again I was playing around empirically. Big files and unzipped files eitherwould not load up or took ages. Again coincidentally I was using Chrome. Thistime someone at snacktools gave a hint about possible problems in Chrome. Itried in an old Explorer (not sure if it is 8 or 9). In this browsereverything, even massive Excel. .xlxm files ( such as those in http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/microsoft-access/784882-access-not-access-%93question%94.html ) uploaded with no problem!!

. The moral of this waffling… ?.. keep yourold browser parallel to Chrome. Chrome works better and quicker and sometimesis the only browser supported now by some things. But occasionally weird problemswith Chrome are not in Explorer. (Importantto “keep” the old explorer. Sometimes Updates seem to have the effect of preventingyou newly installing an old explorer!!!!)
Alan
P.s. 1 This was all copied directlyfrom word by the method described.

P.s.2 This last bit, P.s.2, was copied directly from word almost by the method described above:- In The last step I used Ctrl V instead of right clicking on the mouse etc. . As expeccted it lost all of it's format (which in WORD was similar to that in P.s.1)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back