Forum question...Can I download all my thread for offline viewing purpose???

pedie

I am not sure...was looking around and did not find anything....
Maybe I did not look in right place:biggrin:

Ped;)

Hi, pedie, have you tried for printing from the "Thread Tools-Printable Version" , can be tried by using some cutepdf printers

pedie

There is nothing to find.

I really don't think it would be practical for any forum like this to have a facility to download a whole bunch of data.

Remember also that though you may start a thread and contribute to a thread, so could many other people.

Would you need their permission to download what they posted?

It sort of sounds like a good idea, having an 'archive' if you like, but why bother when you can access everything via the forum already.:)

Good point, never realised that older posts would become unavailable.

I think I just assumed they were there but just hard to find.

Hope I've not spoken out of line - if there is a facility for what the OP want's to do I've never heard about it.

I deleted my post. There is nothing in the advanced search that I could find for any date range older than a year. To find my original posts when I first joined, I had to sort by date ascending and then I saw my original posts. I seem to recall though when they updated this board, that all the favorites didn't come across.

The main problem here is that, whenever someone answers any of my thread it goes to the top again and
So sorting it doesnt help much sometimes..moreover if I try to search by tag it goes to main tag listings...
Well i am not trying to download someone's thread but at least mine... :biggrin:

I've had a hard time finding posts in the past but that's probably more down to my bad search terms than anything else.:)

pedie

If you click your name just above your picture you'll get a dropdown.

One option is Find More Posts by XXXXX.

Don't know how useful it is, I've only ever used it when someone has referred to a thread and not supplied a link.

I think the administrator should add download option for personal thread for offline viewing purposes
If that is not
so hard to do.
I am in invisible mode rigth now I hope you guys see me as offline.....trying out!!!
:biggrin:

Pedie;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back