Formula to forecast bill payment dates based on bi-weekly pay-checks.

helmerr

Hi,

I am working on a spreadsheet (attached) that will automatically add the bill amount due for the appropriate (rows) to the appropriate (column) of the bi-weekly pay-date.

I have the formulas added already to calculate the bi-weekly paydate.
I also started adding formulas to insert the bill amount in the correct column, but it doesn't work for bills due between the end of month to beginning for obv reasons. I'm sure there is a better formula to use.

Most bills are due once a month. I do have a few that are due bi-weekly as shown on the attached. Thanks for your help.

Here is a link to my excel in dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ah32ukgpblrewt/forecast.xlsx?dl=0

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
You could try this.
Copy the formula in F6 down and then across.

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGHI
6Rent1(1,002)(1,002)0 0 (1,002)
7Sebring1(320)(320)0 0 (320)
8TWC2(55)0 (55)0 (55)
9GSWSA10(46)0 (46)0 (46)
10AES11(320)0 (320)0 (320)

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Forecast

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
F6=IF(MONTH(F$2)=MONTH(G$2),IF(AND($B6>=F$3,$B6<G$3),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=F$3,$B6<G$3),$C6,0))
G6=IF(MONTH(G$2)=MONTH(H$2),IF(AND($B6>=G$3,$B6<H$3),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=G$3,$B6<H$3),$C6,0))
H6=IF(MONTH(H$2)=MONTH(I$2),IF(AND($B6>=H$3,$B6<I$3),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=H$3,$B6<I$3),$C6,0))
I6=IF(MONTH(I$2)=MONTH(J$2),IF(AND($B6>=I$3,$B6<J$3),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=I$3,$B6<J$3),$C6,0))

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
The formula didn't copy right.

`
Excel 2010
ABCDEF
5income-Smith1350
6Rent1(1,002)(1,002)
7Sebring1(320)(320)
8TWC2(55)0
9GSWSA10(46)0
Forecast
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F6=IF(MONTH(F$2)=MONTH(G$2),IF(AND($B6>=F$3,$B6),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=F$3,$B6),$C6,0))
`

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Use the formula in the post above. Post #3. Something really weird going on with the HTML maker I used in the first post it somehow changes the formula as you can see in the difference between the two posts.

Upvote 0
wow! pretty close! I need to make it the exact opposite though. I went through and manually highlighted in green where the payments should be made. Here is the newest link. Thanks for your help so far!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ah32ukgpblrewt/forecast.xlsx?dl=0

Makes no sense to me. The formulas pay on the dates you showed in your original spreadsheet. It appeared as if for instance your bill is due on the first and your payday falls on the 2nd day of a month you wanted the bill paid from the previous payday, so now I don't know what you are doing.

That's not the same spreadsheet you had up earlier. The first column with 2014 in row 1 was F and it was Dec 19.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah you changed the spreadsheet which caused the cell references to be off.
Judging by most of your green shading I was right in my first assessment of what you wanted.
In the new spreadsheet I cannot help you with gas food hcpr since you don't have a due day for those, so those formulas won't work. You have cell F11 shaded green for electric but that's now where the formula works because I think you shaded the wrong cell. F11 is 2 days after your pay date so it should evaluate to the previous pay date which it does.

Excel 2010
E
Forecast
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E6=IF(MONTH(E$2)=MONTH(F$2),IF(AND($B6>=E$3,$B6),$C6,0),IF(OR($B6>=E$3,$B6),$C6,0))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOW! I know this is a really old thread & I feel kind of dumb for not finding this before now but I have been wanting this exact worksheet but for a weekly pay schedule FOREVER & just never found quite the right one. This is perfect & was easily customized to my pay schedule & bill list. THANK YOU!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back