Formula mysteriously disappears

Drmwvr7266

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet with a cell that calculates several cells above it. The problem I am now having is whenever I change anything on the sheet that affects my total, the cell (U55) automatically converts the formula (=sum(U15:U54)) to a static number, such as 85,677.22, which would be the total of the sums above. However, the formula has disappeared, and any further changes does not affect the total.

I could not determine how or when I changed the cell. I watched it with formula auditing, and could not find an explanation. I finally cut and moved the cell, replacing the empty cell with a new formula which so far has held solid.

Any suggestions? The worksheet code does not even mention this cell, although another sheet does use this particular cell. Could VBA elsewhere be affecting this cell?

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Drmwvr7266 said:
Any suggestions? The worksheet code does not even mention this cell, although another sheet does use this particular cell. Could VBA elsewhere be affecting this cell?

The simple answer is yes. Any time you use VBA to change worksheets you are exposing youself to unforeseen errors and quirks.

If you have any code that runs on a worksheet change that we could see, this would be a great help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back