Forms

ApesMM273

Hello All. This is my first message, although I frequently refer to this board for help.

I'm creating a database for HR and am at my whit's end trying to do a form with multiple pages for data entry. I've taught myself everything I know; it's a slow process and my VBA experience is limited to editing XL macro's. That said, here's my question(s).

First, my form has data from multiple tables. At first it would let me do data entry from the form view, but now it won't allow entry or changes. I've checked all controls for DataEntry, AllowEdits, etc. in the properties, and they're all set correctly. Some of them are formulas and I don't want data entry, so I have those set to no. Is that possibly what's preventing ANY adding/editing of records? (does that make sense?)

Second, on one page, I have a section where they specify if Insurance forms were received, and if they declined or enrolled. I used option buttons for the decline/enroll, and check box for whether or not it was received. I want it so that both option buttons are clear if the check box is clear, but an option is required if the check box is checked. Is this possible?

Last, I need some advise - I want to do a section showing, by pay period, how many hours of vacation time have been accrued/used and the hours available. What is my best bet for this? I have a table with all the pay periods and their beginning/ending dates, another table with employee/hrs used/date used, and a query to figure the pay period end date based on the date used. Also have a query showing total hours accrued YTD, but that is based on pay period, not employee, since all employees accrue the same.

Any help I can get would be MUCH, MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I think I can help with your first two questions, but I'm hoping someone else will help with your third.

For the first question, I think you are probably using linking your query with a one to many relationship. It is no problem to still update the form, just select your form properties and go to "Recordset Type". Change it from "Dynaset" to "Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)". There may be issues with using this, and you can look it up in Help, but I've never had any problems with it.

Second Question: I don't know if the Default View of your forms is "Single Form", but this answer applies in that case.. write a macro to run based on the conditions of your data. You can do something like not allow the user to close the form unless decline/enroll is chosen. I can elaborate if you want..

Upvote 0
Ok - I have higher priorities at this moment, but will check it out when I get a chance, and let you know. :) Thanks! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back