formatting with color change

armyguy75

i'm tracking about 450 people, i have a excel sheet filled with drop downs, but what i'm looking is a formatting that once i enter a name in column A it will change the color of the whole row. the issue that i find excel wants specific data and not just any name. I think i need 2 rules for my sheet, 1 when you enter data in column A to color change, then a rule when you select a drop down from another column that will change back to no color. any thoughts would be great, as i'm just a beginner on excel.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
So if you enter any value column "A") the whole row where that value is entered will be filled with an interior color of Red. But then if you enter any value in any other column all the cells on the sheet will result back to having no interior color is that what you want?

Upvote 0
I'm using excel 2010, what i'm trying to do is get the whole row to turn red when i enter a name in column A, when they complete to task, in a different column i mark yes from a drop down. it changes colors back to no color. any ideas?

Upvote 0
Maybe the best way to describe it is, I need formatting in column "A" when I enter any data (aka a name) it turn the whole row red. A second rule when they complete a task in a different column with a drop down of yes and no it turns the row back to no color when it's yes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back