Form wont show anything

tails

Board Regular
Hey ppl,

I'm creating a database for a client for educational qualifications. He want me to make it show when employees are overdue for their training to save him some trouble. i have got it done so that it does this. but now i am trying to create a menu for him, so that it is user friendly and easy for him to work through, i have 3 tables, one being employee details, educational history (what they have done at tafe, uni, etc) and business education (what they have undertaken while working in the business.) and from them i have set up queries to work out the over due dates for the employees. I have made one for each different course and then i am onto making forms. The first two forms worked well, showing all the details i needed to see, but the last one just wont show me any data at all. Now even label boxes. Cnn someone please help me with this...

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi tails
The first thing you need to check is the query behind the form - does that show anything? If not then there is the problem. If it does you need to check a few form properties (Form Design, Click Edit -> Select Form, Click View -> Properties -> Data) such as the record source, filter, allow edits, data entry etc. Check to see one of these is not inadvertently filtering out / excluding the data from the form.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
The only thing i have set up for my forms is the criteria in which it shows something. all the seven queries are set up the same. to show overdue dates, and the code behind it is date()-[formname] and the criteria is to show it when it is above 345 days. which is does fine. but its ok i found out the reason it wasn't showing, i had the queries to only show records that had that course in it. and when i created the form it must have only been wanting to show records that had every course in it only. so i got that down pat, but now i have another problem. i have create a dataentry form. It's not set up for it to just be dataentry, its so records can be edited. but it wont show anything either, and i have it running off the tables. i was wondering if anyone knew why this could be. There are 3 tables, and they have an employee number field that has a relationship going to all of the 3 tables. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back