Form with one or two different pages

Dr_Worm

Board Regular
Hi,

I’m using Assess 97 on windows 98.

I have a report that is one or two pages long depending on how much information there is. On the first there is the page header, followed by the project information, and then the elements of the project. On the second page (if needed) is the page header and the remaining elements of the project.

The page header is the easy part, I don’t need help with it. The problem is setting up the project information and details. It needs print out like a form and subform, with the subform flowing on to the second page. Information like client name, address, etc only needs to be printed once (only contains one value per project), the elements such as; Description, Qty, Material, etc contain many values. The field headings for the elements need to be on both pages.

Let me know if you need any more information, I’ve tried to explain the best I can. :unsure:

Dr Worm

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Sounds like this sort of layout would do the trick:

Page header -- contains the bits you mentioned plus the headings for the main detail section

Client name (once per report) -- should be in its own header (Client ID header), set for Page Break Before. Put all of the "once-only" elements of the project in here. In Sorting and Grouping, get the report to sort on Client ID.

Body -- multiple records per report. This could be a subreport, but doesn't need to be. Set it up so that the detail is laid out as you would like -- you may want to put a divider line between each record.

Brief reply, admittedly, but the concept should be there (I hope!)

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back