Form question, only one record wanted

Mi

Board Regular
Hello.
I have a "main" form that captures 8 specific questions. Then there are several more questions that may be needed depending on the user input. (Think of one of those questions that if you answer yes, they then want you to elaborate on.) I have all this info saved in one table for ease of queries later. I tried using a modal form to "pop up" with the click of a check box. Problem, this creates a new record in the table. Do you have a better idea on how to accomplish this task. Would like this to be easy to recreate as more questions are being added while this is being developed.

Example:
after the eight general questions, (name, age, etc).
Some questions may be just yes/no's
Others need further info other than yes/no to qualify. Example: Payment Agreement Meet? y/n, Then need to add payment request date and payment rec date.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Only way i can help you buddy is with the whole add a new record function. are you wanting it to add a new record at all, because you can just go to the code editor behind the form and turn the allowaddnew off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back