Form problem

Charlie

Board Regular
I have a form with a combo box on it displaying the staff code, first name and surname of the member of staff.
i want the text box that I have placed opposite to the combo to show the first and last names too.
I have tried putting =[First Name]&" "&[surname] in the control source of the text box but this gives #Name?
If I have the text box bound to the same thing as the combo which is "processed by" the initials only show in the text box.

any ideas?

Charlie

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi Charlie

I'm not positive but if you make a query of the form you wanted to use then you'll be able to do it...

Go to the query's and then double click on create a query with a wizard
then chose your table then follow through on the rest of the question the wizard will ask you....

Then once you have it done and it's open in front of you then click on view and then go to the box that will be the place you want both the first and surname to appear....

Right click on the top row that has last name (surname) and then click build the expression and build this [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]
once your done click ok.

then you'll see the columns that make up your query then uncheck the first name column so it hides it then change the Expr1 with Names or Member's Name ( or what you want it to be .

then close and save the query changes then go to forms and the double click you form wizard now chose the query you just finished designing...and design the form the way you want....

I hope this helps you.....

:D Gemini32 :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purpleflower26

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back