Form Problem

generically

I have created a form with 3 tab subforms. But for some reason when I go to enter data in the subform I get the error message of "You have tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type". This doesn't happen when I open the subforms individually however.
Any hints on what I have done?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I had something like this happen a long time ago, and my memory is a bit sketchy, but maybe I can give you a few ideas.

It might have something to do with how the tables are related and the Key Fields. I once was trying to add new data, and it was trying to add related records in the linked tables, but didn't have all the key fields necessary to do so.

You may also want to check if you have Cascading Upddates and Cascading Deletes checked in your Relationships between the tables. Playing around with these may help.
This message was edited by jmiskey on 2003-02-20 15:48

Upvote 0
Hi, I dont know enough about this but there is some link between the subform and the main form - Child and Master field links? Maybe theres something wrong with that link.

If it were me I would delete the subform and redraw it again on the main form to take that out of the equation when trying to find the problem. The wizard that kicks in when you add a subform does all the linking for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back