Form page with different table

Princessboko

Board Regular
I'm confused. I have an established form that has 5 tab pages in it. I need to add another page and have its fields all come from a differnt table. How do I get the new table to show up in the design view when I go to that page? I'm trying to create combo using other tables within this form and they won't let me select the info.

Help, please!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi, a form can only be linked to one table or query at a time. Thats why if you select the field list icon, it only has the fields relating to that table/query behind the form.

Note that for any of the following to work there needs to be a relationship between the tables, so do this first.

Your options then:-

1) You could insert another form in the page (called a subform). Use the subform control when in design view.

2) You could go back to the drawing board and create a query that includes both tables then base the form off that

3) If all that you want is combo boxes then you could add new fields in the table linked to the primary key of the other tables. Use the lookup wizard for this in the Type column in the table design view

4) You could add unbound fields on the form and then change the rowsource to equal the value in the other table by using a select query. This is not ideal and is more complicated than the other options. You could do this if you wanted to have one table for all your combo box lists.

This message was edited by parry on 2003-02-16 02:24

Upvote 0
Thank you! I figured out that I could put in a sub form that worked great but it is good to know about the options.

This forum has been so helpful...my boss thinks I'm a genius

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MNexcelguy19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back