Form data Entry

Starcraft1535

So what im trying to do is allow someone to fill out a form and take those fields and input them into a paragraph. Then the whole paragraph of info will be added to a table.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
If I understand correctly, you are looking to have multiple controls on a form each containing data. These controls are to be concatenated into one control which is to be bound to one field in a table. Does this sound like what you are attempting? If so, why not have just one control on your form bound to your table field? Am I missing something here?

Upvote 0
If I understand correctly, you are looking to have multiple controls on a form each containing data. These controls are to be concatenated into one control which is to be bound to one field in a table. Does this sound like what you are attempting? If so, why not have just one control on your form bound to your table field? Am I missing something here?

What im creating is multiple forms that logs entry's of different events. What i want to try to do is when the user finishes the form the entry's of the forms are filled into a paragraph that is enter into the table. So for an example. User fills in Name in the form and when they submit the table logs: My name is (From form).

Upvote 0
I am confused. This sounds like you may have a design flaw. ie. not normalized data. Multiple forms usually means multiple tables. A form can only be bound to one table. I really don't understand your situation with the limited explanation. I wonder if your out put should be in a report? or a make table query consolidating data from multiple tables into one table?

Upvote 0
I am confused. This sounds like you may have a design flaw. ie. not normalized data. Multiple forms usually means multiple tables. A form can only be bound to one table. I really don't understand your situation with the limited explanation. I wonder if your out put should be in a report? or a make table query consolidating data from multiple tables into one table?

So all the forms are are unbound at the moment because i wanted to start linking them.( I know it has to be done in VBA) All the forms should input to one table. The table has the follow and all the forms should go to that one table. Autonumber, log id, log info, user, log time. Each form is different from each other from change over to last log entry. So lets look at crew change over on the form i have: Crew Name, List of people on the crew, Log time, and user initials. So what i want to do is pull the info from the form and store it in the database. So Log info will have a lot of the fields from the form just merged to one entry. An end result would be "CREW NAME is now on station. Crew Chief NAME, Tech NAME. "

Upvote 0
Going back and after reading a few other sites what i'm trying to do is tax multiple inputs and submit them to one field but also add preset text to it. So lets go back to my example: We have textbox for [CrewName], [ChiefName], [TechName]. After the user saves the form i want it to input to one field in a table. So the one field in the table would look like "[CrewName] is now on station. Crew Chief [ChiefName], Tech [TechName]. "

I have tried using control source of a text box that works but then i don't know how to bound it to store in the table.
the code i used in the controlled source: =[CrewName] & "is now on station. Crew Chief" & [ChiefName] & ", Tech" & [TechName] & "."

Upvote 0
Don't store the extra text in the table. You can always do that kind of concatenation of extra text when you query the data (in a form, query, or report).

Upvote 0
Same way. For example, =[CrewName] & "is now on station. Crew Chief" & [ChiefName] & ", Tech" & [TechName] & "." The form gets the field data (CrewName, ChiefName, TechName) from the database, and adds the rest of the verbiage.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back