Forget Excel, fix the board!

jerry12302

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have had login problems with this board for months. It takes me 2 or 3 attempts to login so I can reply to answers to my questions, then when I hit submit I'm logged out and I have to try to log in again and start all over. (only after a minute or less, so I doubt it's a timing issue).

I have the same problem trying to log in to submit a new question. I get in, I type the question, hit submit, and I'm asked to log in again.

I know other people have the same problem.

Is anyone working on this?

Working on that? Not that I'm aware of. We don't know about the issues like that unless someone mentions them. I have just found a post from you mentioning this, although it was in the Excel Questions forum instead of this one (I have moved it to this forum).

However, going by what you describe that would most likely be an issue with the cookies on your PC, not the board itself.

Try deleting your cookies and logging into the board again. Also, make sure you are using http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/
Accessing the board from any other address can cause problems such as those you mentioned.

Thanks Pookie,

I always come to this site by simply typing mrexcel.com in my browser. I have not tried deleting my cookies, but I'm not sure I want to do that, wouldn't that affect my settings or preferences relative to other sites I go to?

No, deleting your cookies will not affect your settings - those are stored at the board's server. The cookie just has your login information. So, you can use any computer to log into mrexcel and your settings will be there.

Also, be sure your browser and firewall settings allow mrexcel to set and read the cookies it places.

Thanks everybody,

I deleted cookies and temporary internet files. It only took me one login attempt to get in. Let's see if I can reply here without being logged out and asked to log in again...

It seems to work OK, I didn't get logged out when I replied last time, that seems to do the trick.

good to hear
Now, can we get back to Excel :biggrin: *lol*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back