Font sizes messing up

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
For some reason, the font sizes seem to be messing up.

Size 7
Size 6
Size 5
Size 4
Size 3
Size 2
Size 1

Whoah! Size 1 is bigger than size 2 apparenly! I noticed this when a lot of signatures suddenly looked larger. Also, when I tried to adjust my signature to size 1, not only did it appear larger than size 2, but it told me that my sig can't be more than 1,000 characters... however when I adjusted it to size 2, it accepted that fine.

Edit: I'm using IE6 on Windows Server 2003 R2. Yeah, I know it is an old version, but my company refuses to update it since we use Citrix Thin-Clients.

Last edited:
Looks fine in IE7, Mr. K.

Strange..... here is what I'm seeing:

fontsize.jpg

In your first post, Size 1 and Size 2 look exactly the same, but in your last post they are different sizes.
What did you do differently?
Which font type are you using?

When I try it, I see what you are showing in your first post, where the two sizes are the same.

An oddity, but I don't know if it is really that concerning...

In your first post, Size 1 and Size 2 look exactly the same, but in your last post they are different sizes.
What did you do differently?
Which font type are you using?

When I try it, I see what you are showing in your first post, where the two sizes are the same.

An oddity, but I don't know if it is really that concerning...

My last post is actually a screenshot I took, uploaded to photobucket, and linked (probably should have noted that).

Also, what size does my signature look like? Is it the correct size 1 font?

I believe the default is size 2. It looks like your signature is the default size.
Maybe certain fonts don't go below size 2.

I believe the default is size 2. It looks like your signature is the default size.
Maybe certain fonts don't go below size 2.

Ahh - forgot that my signature has to be size 2 right now. As I said in the OP, when I try to choose size 1, it says that my signature cannot be more than 1000 characters. Both my sig and these posts are in the default "Veranda" font.

I'm just perplexed by all this, beacuse it started happening today, and nothing that I'm aware of has been changed on my end. Could vBulletin have put out an update this morning that has bugs with IE6?

I'm just perplexed by all this, beacuse it started happening today, and nothing that I'm aware of has been changed on my end. Could vBulletin have put out an update this morning that has bugs with IE6?
Anything is possible, I guess. I really am not involved with that aspect of the board, so unfortunately I don't really know that answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back