MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
What was everybody's first computer?

Mine was an Apple IIe.
It had a whopping 64K of RAM :)
and the biggest joy was when we finally got the second floppy drive (they cost around $330 at the time).

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Spectrum 48k for me. Then upgraded a couple of years later to the Spectrum 128k (with built-in tape drive).

An Acorn BBC Model B for me. I was greatly annoyed at the time that I didn't get a Commodore 64 - since the Beeb only had 32k which seemed a massive drawback to games.

I wish I'd spent a bit more time programming it, and rather less time playing games on it...

:-D

Commodore 64, then upgraded to a 128.
When PCs with Windows 3.1 came out, we got a Packard Bell (big mistake) - but I remember upgrading the chip to a Math coprocessor.

them was the days

You guys are old :-p :outtahere:

Mine was a 386. 25 Mhz of ram 100MB hard drive. Sooooooooooo fast.

First computer I owned: Commodore 64, two external disk drives and a Gorilla Banana printer. After a couple of years I got an actual brand X 8088-based PC, with 640K of memory.

First computer I worked with was the Control Data Corp 6400. I think it had 64K of hand-strung core memory. Two card readers, one in the computer room, one at the academic computing building. By my second year there, they added actual video-display terminals, with sound! (if you consider high-pitched annoying BEEEEEEEP a sound.)

You guys are really old..

my first computer had windows 95

it was Compaq Presario don't remember the model number.

don't remember much but it had a pentium, 16mb ram and like a 2gig hardrive.

and I was 12 yrs old

Mine was a Dragon 64 (anyone else ever heard of it?). I think the 64 referred to the number of minutes it took to load a game! Games came on cassette tapes which were loaded into an external cassette player, or alternatively, there was a 5.5 inch floppy drive (why did those things never take off!). Game highlights were Cuthbert Goes Digging and Frogger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleH77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back