Finding last value Column - formula

SeliM

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning
I am helping a small local government with a report compilation project for tenderers.
A Procurement system exports tender details and tenderers to excel for reporting in a template in word,
There can be significant differences in number of tenders submitted making a table or list challenging.
I'm looking for a formula (there are no staff competent in Excel VBA so trying to keep it to formula driven) that is able to calculate the number of tenders from a known start position ($A$11) when the list may vary from 6 -60. Most formulas assume there are no details following a list which is not the case with material I am using.
The =COUNTA('Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!$A$11:$A$16) works because I know the last cell $A$16 its when the number of tenders is greater I'm challenged.

The Procurement system export workbook will have an empty cell after the list (in this case at $A$17) and has text at $A$18 - these addresses of course change when more or less tenders are received.

Any advice and guidance most welcomed on how to find the last tender is the list.

I hope this summary makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Mel

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi SeliM,

Maybe this:

Excel Formula:
=COUNTA(INDIRECT("'Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!$A$11:$A$" & LOOKUP(2,1/(NOT(ISBLANK('Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!A:A))),ROW('Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!A:A))))

The LOOKUP part of the formula will find the last row in Col. A of the Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De tab whether there's blanks in-between or not.

HTH

Robert

Upvote 0
A non volatile option
Excel Formula:
=COUNTA('Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!A11:INDEX('Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!A11:A50,XMATCH(" ",'Final_Report-43859_Q23_24_30_De'!A11:A50&" ")))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back