Filtering Reports without using queries

BelindaN

Hi

I've set up an Access database.

I need to know if there is no other way to create a report which is linked to the main database but is then filtered with only certain information without using queries?

Thanks
Belinda

:LOL:

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
The standard way of doing what you're attempting is to write a query to filter your data, and then base the report on the query... I know of no other way. How come you don't want a query?

Upvote 0
Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I thought.

My problem is if you want to base five different reports (where information differs) on one query, you now have to go and create five different queries.

I'm so happy to have received a reply as you are the first to reply to my posts. I have logged previous posts but no reply. Maybe you could have a look at my other posts as well.

Thanks again
Belinda

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My problem is if you want to base five different reports (where information differs) on one query, you now have to go and create five different queries.

That's not entirely true. If your reports are basically the same format and it's only the criteria that differ - you can base all five reports on the same query. What you need to do is to make the criteria require user input prior to the query running. For example you could use a calendar form to set a From & To date for your report....

Let's say you have a query that requires a >=from date & <= to date...

In the query criteria pane, you could place >=[from] under the From Date field - on running the query, the user would be prompted for a value for from before the query was run.... I generally use forms though as this means you can better control the type/data that the user inputs....

An example may be to place the following in your criteria pane
<=[Forms]![fmcalendarfromto4]![calto_date4]
Where [calto_date4] is a field on a form [fmcalendarfromto4]

Hope that this helps shed a little light on the issue

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back