Filtered Combo boxes populating a table

nickels

I'm creating a form that has 2 combo boxes. The first box lists the year a student is in and when that is selected the second combo box will list all the schools relating to that year level. I seem to have this working fine using the information already available on the message boards.

My next problem is how i populate a table (Lets call it results_tbl) with the data entered in the 2 combo boxes. I'm confused over how to do this and any help would be great.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi, if you view the form in design view, Click Edit -> Select Form, Click View -> Properties -> Data -> What is in "Record Source"? {If it is blank then it should be results_tbl per your example).

Next select the first combo box, view properties, what is the "control source"? It should be the name of the variable in the results_tbl into which you want to store the value selected in the combo box. You can select the variable from a drop down box.

Repeat for combo box 2.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew93 i worked out how simple it was not long after posting the message but thank you very much. :oops:

Upvote 0
Sorry for not responding sooner - your post seemed to slip through unanswered and I only found it today.
I'm pleased you worked it out rather than waiting a week for a reply!
A. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back