Filter formula based on drop down BUT with an option for all data

Amo840812

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet with data called Combined. I have a second sheet called DC. On the DC sheet there is a drop-down list where I can select a person's name OR select ALL. I can get it to pull the information from the Combined sheet that matches the person's name. but I can't figure out how to get all the data to show if I pick ALL from the drop down.

The easiest solution would be not to use the DC sheet at all, but I don't know if that's even possible since I am pulling the data using Vstack. The combined sheet pulls data from 6 tables using VSTACK. If I could sort right on the Combined tab directly and get rid of DC altogether that would be fabulous.

My Vstack formula:
1726862525040.png

Total list of items from the combined list:

1726862297522.png

When selecting a name from the drop down:

1726862245092.png

When selecting ALL from the drop down:
1726862257827.png

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Please give us some sample data from your Combined sheet that we can copy and paste, and it would be helpful if you included the formula that you're using for the combined sheet to filter the name.

Upvote 0
As @Vogateer says, seeing your filter formula would be most helpful, but you could do something along the lines of:

Excel Formula:
=IF($C$1="ALL",VSTACK(LettersTable,...,etc), FILTER(VSTACK(LettersTable,...,etc),filter_range=$C$1,"Not found")

Obviously you need to make the appropriate substitutions in the VSTACK and also use the appropriate filter range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
androidmj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back