Filter combo box based on cell value (or another combo box, or list, or anything else)

oliviar

Board Regular
Hi Guys,
I have searched and not found the answer to this because my sheet has to use comboboxes and CANNOT use data validation - too much else is dependent on the combobox at the heart of this (plus the information in the comboboxes are set not to print out - it would ruin the form if they showed up in data validation boxes)

I have a data sheet that it pulling about 10000 names. They are tied to code numbers, of which there are only about 100.
Right now the combo box is showing ALL 10000 names - which is very inconvenient.

I want it to filter by the handful of codes that we have. So I could enter 200 in the 'filter box' (whatever that is, I don't mind if its a combo box, cell, whatever) and the combobox now only shows those names associated with code 200.

Can this be done?:confused:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back